Monday, September 21, 2015

Lest I forget

I ran yesterday late afternoon. That was a triumph in and of itself because J had a couple of girls sleep over the night before, and I got about four hours sleep max that night. I was not exactly peppy on Sunday, but I hated to end my streak. Plus, Bailey did not get her walk on Saturday, since I waited until the second/last girl left early that evening, and by the time dinner was done, it was pouring. So no walk for Bailey.

Just before dinner yesterday, I put on my running clothes, and away we went. Bailey, as usual, was booking, at times I could barely keep up. She stopped once or twice for a quick pee break, and then she stopped for her BM. When we finished that first .6 miles, we had been going about 6 minutes. We did about the same on the way back. Then, I decided to drop off her pile of crap, and we ran for another at least 10 minutes, this time around the field and the lot at the end of the field. I figured she could use the extra exercise. This time, I was the one who had to get the dog moving; she wanted to do a slight jog. For the last 10 minutes, I ditched her and ran a different route.

I felt pretty good the entire time, save for a slight, brief leg pain. I am definitely glad I did not wimp out. Unfortunately, I have been slacking in the weight department, but hopefully I can pick that up tonight or tomorrow.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment