Saturday, July 4, 2015

Three runs at the beach

I ran only once the week before we went on vacation, but I made up for it during the actual vacation.

I have no idea how far I ran on any of the days. But I ran.

Here are the highlights.

Sunday run
I ran for about 30 minutes, I think. It might have been only 25, actually. This first run was on the bayside, around the neighborhood we were staying in. It was a little humid, kind of warm (mid to upper 70s), and quite sunny. I regretted not running with my hat about 5 minutes into the run, but I figured if I turned around to get it, I might not go back out. I had forgotten how challenging an all-flat run can be. About halfway through my run, I did have this view. Kind of makes up for it!

Big Assawoman Bay, at the end of 120th Street (the street turns into something else)





Thursday run
I had intended to run on Wednesday morning, but I ate too much Tuesday night, and had three drinks over five hours (which is not a lot for some people, but a bit much for me). So I decided to wait until Thursday. The skies were very gray, the temps were cooler than early in the week (low 70s, I think), and it actually started to spit when I first set off. This time, I ran on the beach for about 30 blocks total. As with running on a flat course, I had forgotten how hard it is to run in the sand along the ocean. At times, I felt about 80. But I think I ran about 30 or 35 minutes this time. Maybe longer, because when I finished running along the ocean, I came back to the neighborhood and ran a little more there, including along a "boardwalk" behind our place. I much preferred that weather. No sun! Here are some highlights from that run.

Tough sand to run on

I might not look good, but I look determined!

The short boardwalk behind our place, for yet another, different surface to run on

Friday run
I don't normally run three days a week, but I ate a lot during this trip, and I wanted to run around a park I found (that hubby told me about) the previous day. I figured this would, once again, be a different run. I started off running on 120th Street, then along Coastal Highway. Then I ran around the park, which was quite crowded. When I had been running about 20-some minutes, I ran back to the place, because I had only 30 minutes total to run as I had a friend coming to visit. This day was hot, and I was almost sorry I ran. But I did have my hat, so there was that. I took one pic during this run. As I was running, this "scene" caught my eye, so I had to capture it. Plus it was good to get a little breather.

Lagoon that flow into the bay
I hope to run one day this coming week, but I won't beat myself up if I end up chickening out. I walked so much during my vacation, and I did not sleep well, so taking it easy won't be so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment