Monday, February 18, 2013

It still counts!

I last ran in October. Yes, it has been almost four months since I hit the pavement. Today, although I did not exactly run, I did jog up and down those 65ish steps 10 times, plus another one for good measure.

This school year, I think I have run up and down the steps no more than a half dozen times, and it appears the last time I did it was at the beginning of October. Since I had about 10 minutes to kill at the school today, and the weather was sunny and in the mid 40s, I figured I might as well make use of the day.

I started off strong and fast (for me), but quickly realized that was a bad idea, as I was gasping for breath after only one trip. Regardless, I pushed myself and made the 10 trips in 8:06. The 11th trip was just for fun. Not that it was!

I probably should have gotten out there and actually ran, but doing the steps was probably better. I have a feeling when I finally do run my usual route, my time will be high, and I will be disappointed. Or I will end up not doing the entire two miles, which will also disappoint me.

Even though I have not been updating the blog, I can assure you that I have been working out. I swim two to three times per week and I have been doing Zumba once a week for the last three or four weeks. I feel pretty good, but not great, when I work out three or four times a week. At least I am staying in decent shape. But I feel even better, and as if I am actually doing good things, when I work out five or six days a week. Unfortunately that does not happen too often. But I guess that makes the times when it does that much sweeter. Right?

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment